Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein arrested during peaceful protest in Ferguson for “blocking the entrance”
Remember this when you read reports of people ‘looting’ McDonalds tomorrow
I LOVE my clarisonic! I can tell I love it by the difference in my skin when I stop using it. Sometimes I’ll forget to use it for a few weeks and my skin starts to feel and look dull and almost clogged up and congested and I’ll use the clarisonic and my skin looks more radiant, feels more smooth and feels so much more clean!
It gently exfoliates every day to give my skin a glow, makes my skin feel smooth and clean, gets rid of dead skin to give me a more even complexion over time, deep cleans my pores to make them appear smaller, helps with acne. The only downside really is it can be rough on the skin if you over use it, get the wrong brush head or if you have really sensitive skin. You might break out at first which i’ll go more in depth below.
Some tips I have when using the Clarisonic
- Take off your makeup and then use the clarisonic with a cleanser. You don’t want to use your clarisonic directly over makeup because it’ll stain and dirty the brush hairs. I recommend double cleansing when wearing makeup anyway for a thorough cleanse. I like to use a makeup wipe to remove the bulk of my makeup then cleanse my skin with my cleanser and clarisonic. This will help your brush hairs stay clean and sanitized longer.
- Change your brush head every 3 months. Your brush head can build up bacteria similar to why you have to change your toothbrush and shower loofa every couple of months.
- Use it once a day or once every other day. I find when I use it morning and night it’s a little rough on my skin and I don’t even have sensitive skin. Overly exfoliating can cause your skin to become irritated, dry and cause breakouts.
- You MIGHT breakout when using the clarisonic at first. Many people dislike the clarisonic for that reason but what it’s doing is purging your skin. It’s gently exfoliating and getting a deeper clean so all of the gunk in your pores is coming to the surface. Once the purging phase is done your pores will look a lot more tight and clean!
- Spears, Sorcery, and Double Consciousness (Part 2) (Part 3) - a series about African-inspired fantasy and the Western vs Non-Western writer.
- Sexy Loki, Queer Tricksters, and the Problem with LGBT Villains - an opinion piece on how lgbt+ villains are written…
The closest “dupes” I’ve found are the Sonia Kashuk Sponge and the Real Technique Sponge! They arent exact dupes but you can still get the same overall finish as the beauty blender :)
Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge $10 at Target
Real Techniques Complexion Sponge $6 at Ulta, Walmart, Kohls, Walgreens and CVS
Today, one of my Social Work professors was talking about what’s going on with Ferguson. She’s a child and teen therapist, and one of the boys she works with came up to her the other day very concerned about it all. This boy is a 16 year old, straight-A football player, but he also happens to be a…